This kit is a great solution to replace the ageing and problematic OEM generators on models with the black plastic pick-up and associated CDi.
Our Roadster kits are specifically designed to plug in to standard Yamaha wiring looms with only basic wiring needed. Our new billet stator is accurately machined and assembled to ensure perfect ignition timing. The modern 12 volt electrics are native to the Yamaha electrical system meaning minimal fuss. We do point out older machines or those from other markets may have had connectors changed or differences but these are simple issues to overcome.
The kit contains a new fully assembled 12V billet stator, electronic ignition unit, HT coil, voltage regulator & fitting guide.
Requires the flywheel to be stamped “FOTO2171, FOTO2172 or FOTO2173”.
DT400 B&C 1975-76
MX400B 1975 -This kit has full DT road lights – requires Yamaha DT wiring loom
IT400C 1976 -This kit has full DT road lights – requires Yamaha DT wiring loom
YZ400C 1976 -This kit has full DT road lights – requires Yamaha DT wiring loom
- Self generating elctronic ignition without complicated set-up
- Requires no timing adjustment, no timing light – simply bolt on and go
- Roadster electrics plug in to standard Yamaha wiring looms
- Simple to fit with clear pictorial fitting guide
- CDI unit fits original holder
- Ignition & kill switch work as before
- Full technical backup from the system designers via e-mail
Competition version available recommended for MX, IT & YZ models. See RMK-9, this gives vastly increased spark energy and adjustable base timing point, also no requirement for lights to be fitted to the machine.