Roadster 12 Volt electronic ignition fix & lighting up-grade
Modern up-graded ignition to replace the weak standard DT360A, DT, IT, MX & YZ 400 ignition on these models. New billet stator bolts on with minimum effort and no fiddling about with timing – fit and go. Electrics plug in to the stock Yamaha electrical system (requires un-modified Yamaha wiring loom).
The generator’s pick-up is a poor design as the CDi unit which dropped for more reliable units on later models. Both parts are commonly known to cause problems. Rex’s ignition will fix all of these problems – once and for all and give a nice boost in power too! This 12 volt version gives modern lighting at realistic prices.
We’ve taken away all the guess work from fitting and timing making this kit simple to install. The 12 volt kits plug directly in to standard wiring looms, no crimping or wiring needed*. You won’t even need a timing light!
Requires the flywheel to be stamped “FOTO2173”.
DT400 B&C 1975-76
- Requires no timing adjustment, no timing light – simply bolt on and go.
- Roadster performance electronic ignition – does not need a battery
- Simple to fit with clear pictorial fitting guide
- New billet stator, heavy duty & CNC machined
- CDI unit fits original holder
- Ignition & kill switch work as before
- Modern timing gives crisper performance
- Full technical backup from the system designers via e-mail
If you require an adjustable full race system for these models see kit RMK-9
The kit contains; a new 12 volt stator and ignition source coil, 12 volt lighting coil, electronic ignition unit, new HT coil, voltage regulator & fitting manual.
Not included: Battery, bulbs, 12V horn and indicator relay. *Requires a completely standard loom with all its correct, original connectors.