This kit is a great solution to replace the ageing and now problematic OEM charging and ignition systems now over 40 years old.
Our Roadster kits are specifically designed to plug in to standard Yamaha wiring looms with only basic wiring needed. Our new billet stator is accurately machined and assembled to ensure perfect ignition timing. The modern 12 volt electrics are native to the Yamaha electrical system meaning minimal fuss. We do point out older machines or those from other markets may have had connectors changed or differences but these rare issues are simple to overcome.
The kit contains a new fully assembled 12V billet stator, electronic ignition unit, HT coil, voltage regulator & fitting guide.
Requires flywheel to be stamped F3T350
DT400 D & E 1977 & 1978, also UK DT250F models with the F3T350 flywheel.
- Requires no timing adjustment, no timing light – simply bolt on and go.
- Roadster performance electronic ignition – does not need a battery
- Simple to fit with clear pictorial fitting guide
- New billet stator, heavy duty & CNC machined
- CDI unit fits original holder
- Ignition & kill switch work as before
- Modern timing gives crisper performance
- Full technical backup from the system designers via e-mail
The kit contains; a new 12 volt stator and ignition source coil, 12 volt lighting coil, electronic ignition unit, new HT coil, voltage regulator & fitting manual.
Not included: Battery, bulbs, 12V horn and indicator relay.
*Kit requires a completely standard loom with all its correct connectors.
See kit RMK-13 for adjustable Full Race, (non road legal) kit.